Sunday, May 21, 2006

I Hate Lawnmowers!

The gas mower turned out to be a pull start. I primed it. I gave it a shot of starting fluid. I finally cleaned the spark plug. After working on it for half an hour, I got it started. Yay! I got about 36 square feet of my front yard done when something caught the blades and it quit. Now the pull cord is all messed up. I sat on the lawn for an hour taking the darn thing apart and trying to fix it, to no avail. Just when I'd given up and was sitting there shaking my head, I heard the sweetest birdsong coming from directly behind me. I turned around to look and sitting there on a tree branch was an oriole! He was watching me, and singing. What a handsome, bright orange fellow! As I watched, he flew to the oriole feeder and had a little snack. Since he apparently doesn't mind my company, I'll have to sit out front for a bit when I get a chance, and see if I can get a pic.

I'm tired and even more sore than I was earlier, but I don't care. That oriole made my day!

No comments: