Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Lily Goes Home

I was sitting here when my doorbell rang, and when I looked out the window it was John who used to live next door. When I opened the door he said "I'm here to get my dog!"

I had told him to ask his new landlord about letting them keep the dog. I told him to tell the landlord that she's quiet, she's kept inside when they're gone, and she's always crated when left alone. To tell the landlord that Lily's a really good girl, and not going to do any property damage or cause any problems with the neighbors. I'm glad he finally worked up the fortitude to do it.

She was so excited to see him she couldn't stop spinning. She did stop briefly, though, turning to me and coming up on her hind feet - which she never does, I taught her to sit for me when she was just a little stinker and she's been very good about never jumping on me - to give me a kiss and let me give her a big hug.

Oh! I'm so happy Lily gets to go home to her family!

And I'm glad to have one less dog here, and one less dog to worry about having altered. Simon's going in tomorrow; once he's done, everyone will be fixed and vaccinated for rabies and my pocket will get a break.

Now, if the damn county would just get around to returning my spay/neuter deposits, I'd be a happy woman. They've had the paperwork on Toby for 5 weeks already and I still haven't seen a check. I'll be turning in the paperwork on Nellie, Lacey, and Simon tomorrow. That'll be $200 they owe me.

No comments: